Glomp is a web app for specialized, personalized, and spontaneous event discovery based on a user’s interests.
Users enter or import details about anything they enjoy: activities, movies, TV shows, celebrities, and more. By cross-referencing this information with data from the web and from other users, Glomp is able to make uniquely accurate and interesting suggestions for upcoming events. Glomp is always active; even if the user isn’t actively searching for something to do, Glomp will surface discovered events that match the user’s interests.
Individual users were given an online survey that utilized a mixture of multiple choice, Likert scale, and open-ended questions. I included "not sure" options on Likert scale and made some of the more involved/complicated questions not required — encouraging completion even if some questions are skipped.
I conducted in-person interviews with retailers with the following questions:
- What is your business?
- What is your web and/or mobile presence?
- What kinds of store events do you have?
- How often do you have these events? How do you promote them, online or off?
- What are your average customer types?
- Which interests you more at this time: outreach to people who are not yet customers, or enriching relationships with existing customers?
- Do you have any partnerships or affiliations at this time?
- What are the most important factors to you in the consideration of partnering or affiliating with another business?